View current opportunities at PNA below.
Please contact PNA directly for further information about any of these opportunities.
Perth Netball Association (PNA) is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and well-organised individual to administer its netball competitions.
PNA is the largest netball association in Western Australia. Based at the Matthews’ Netball Centre in Wembley, PNA conducts competitions and programs for over 6,500 members, including netball competitions in winter and spring, as well as development programs and clinics for players, umpires and coaches. We also co-manage the recently upgraded Matthews’ Netball Centre which boasts 37 hard courts and 11 grass courts and a modern administration building.
This position is primarily responsible for the day to day administration, development and operational delivery of the Perth Netball Association Winter and Spring competitions. The position works closely with members and other key stakeholders and as such requires a high level of quality customer service.
This is a full-time permanent position working 38 hours per week. The nature of the position requires regular out of hours and weekend work during the season.
Perth Netball Association is seeking a highly organised individual with experience in event or competition administration within the sports industry. Our ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent knowledge of the sport of netball and strong competencies with the use of computer software. Experience in the use of competition management software, particularly MyNetball, will be highly regarded. They will have high level communication skills with the ability to solve problems and handle member enquiries. Experience working as part of a team in a member-based sporting organisation, will also be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in event or competition administration within the sports industry
- Strong competencies in information technologies, specifically the use of online competition administration systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of the sport of netball
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to elicit cooperation from and work with a range of people/stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise work and maximise the use of internal and external resources to achieve outcomes
- Ability to work independently and part of a broader team
- Preparedness to be flexible in respect to work
- Experience with the use of the MyNetball online competition administration system.
- Exposure in working within a member-based association particularly in a sport and recreation environment.
- Current Police check
- Current Working with Children Check
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a written statement outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, as well as a copy of your resume.
Click HERE for a full copy of the job description for this position.
Applications must be lodged via email to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 18th January.