View current opportunities at PNA below.
Please contact PNA directly for further information about any of these opportunities.
Umpire Development Officer
(Readvertised – previous applicants need not apply)
Perth Netball Association (PNA) is seeking an experienced and qualified person to implement and lead the development of our umpires.
This new position is responsible for leading and implementing PNA’s umpire development programs, including our umpire squad and club umpires. This role is a part-time position working on average 10 hours per week. The nature of the position requires regular after hours and weekend work.
Perth Netball Association is seeking a highly organised individual with a high level of knowledge and understanding of netball umpiring to implement and lead our development programs. Our ideal candidate will have high level knowledge and understanding of the rules of netball, umpiring, squad selection, talent identification and the umpire development pathway. They will have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and resolve conflict. Experience working as part of a team in a member-based sporting organisation, will also be highly regarded.
- High level knowledge and understanding of the rules of netball, umpiring, squad selection, talent ID and the umpire development pathway
- Strong and well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively problem solve and resolve conflict
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- High level computer literacy, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- The ability to plan and prioritise work and maximise the use of internal and external resources to achieve outcomes
- Preparedness to be flexible in respect to work hours
- Exposure in working within a member-based association particularly in a sport and recreation environment.
- Minimum B Badge Umpire Accreditation
- Current Police check
- Current Working with Children Check
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a written statement outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, as well as a copy of your resume. Click HERE for a full copy of the job description for this position.
Applications must be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 3rd December.