PNA provides many opportunities for individuals wishing to further their umpiring knowledge and development or to gain practical experience.
- Netball Rules Workshops – During the April, July and October school holidays, PNA runs Netball Rules Workshops for new umpires. The Workshops involve technical and practical applications of umpiring, rules discussion and on court umpiring. All participants are required to sit the online Rules of Netball Theory Exam prior to the Workshops.
- Cost – $105 includes Rule Book.
- The Workshops will be conducted in April 2018
- 1st: Week of School Holidays Tuesday 17th April – Thursday 19th April 9:30am – 11:30am .
- 2nd Week of School Holidays Thursday 26th April 9:30am – 12:30; Friday 27th April 10:00am – 1:30pm
- To register for the workshops, click on the link to the right. For more information Contact Us.
- Junior and Open squad training – the start of the national badging pathway. After being talent identified, umpires in these groups are allocated onto suitable weekly matches to be coached while they umpire. When umpires reach the appropriate skill level badging is organised via the relevant Umpire Development Officer.
- Clubs rules discussion – PNA can arrange for a senior umpire to attend a Club meeting with players to go through the rule book with and how it applies on court.
- Club Umpire training – PNA can arrange for a Senior umpire to attend a Club training night and upskill your club umpires.
- Club umpire support – first time or developing umpires can request an umpiring coach to attend their match to provide support as they learn and gain confidence.
- Umpires must be affiliated with Netball WA and the Perth Lions Netball Region.
- Match Day Office official rule books and whistles are sold each match day from the PNA office at Matthews Netball Centre.
- All umpires are required to wear appropriate sportswear for the duration of the match.
Netball WA Umpiring Resources; http://wa.netball.com.au/umpire-officials/