PNA provides many opportunities for individuals wishing to further their umpiring knowledge and development or to gain practical experience.
- Netball Rules Workshops – During the April, July and October school holidays, PNA runs Netball Rules Workshops for new umpires. The Workshops involve technical and practical applications of umpiring, rules discussion and on court umpiring. All participants are required to sit the online Rules of Netball Theory Exam prior to the Workshops.
(Basic instructions: log into your MyNetball account > learning > online learning > search ‘Rules of theory Exam’ in the full catalogue > enroll > process payment > launch > complete exam)
- Cost – $115 includes Rule Book.
October 2019 workshop dates;
Tuesday 8th & Wednesday 9th 9:30am to 1:15pm
NOTE: All participants must be 12 years old by 30th June 2019 to participate.
- Junior and Open squad training – the start of the national badging pathway. After being talent identified, umpires in these groups are allocated onto suitable weekly matches to be coached while they umpire. When umpires reach the appropriate skill level badging is organised via the relevant Umpire Development Officer.
- Clubs rules discussion – PNA can arrange for a senior umpire to attend a Club meeting with players to go through the rule book with and how it applies on court.
- Club Umpire training – PNA can arrange for a Senior umpire to attend a Club training night and upskill your club umpires.
- Club Umpire support – first time or developing umpires can request an umpiring coach to attend their match to provide support as they learn and gain confidence.
- Umpires must be affiliated with Netball WA.
- Match Day Office official rule books and whistles are sold each match day from the PNA office at Matthews Netball Centre.
- All umpires are required to wear appropriate sportswear for the duration of the match.
Netball WA Umpiring Resources; http://wa.netball.com.au/umpire-officials/
Netball WA Umpire Pathway: Netball WA Umpire Pathway